Our TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Panama City “Movers for Moms” campaign is almost halfway through the season! For over a month, we’ve been collecting gifts and donations to deliver to Bethel Village Womens’ Shelter, for their Mother’s Day celebration.
Each year 1.3 million women suffer from domestic violence and are forced to leave their homes for the safety of their children. They often must live at homeless shelters for months at a time. Currently, 25% of women in shelters are displaced from their homes because of partnership abuse.
We believe in treating women and mothers with dignity and respect, as part of our core company values. This Mother’s Day, we want to give back to moms in our community, especially those who don’t have a place to call home right now.
You can help us by donating to our Movers for Moms campaign. Some of the items we encourage people to donate make great gifts for any mother in your life. Here are some of our best ideas:
- Bath and Body Products – Tell the women in your life that they deserve to be pampered, by giving soap, shampoo, bath salts, and lotions. Donating these items will allow a homeless child to give their mother a gift of love, and will brighten the day of a mother in need. Simple, but greatly appreciated.
- Charms and Jewelry – Little mementos, especially those with messages of love, will stay in her memory forever. She can wear jewelry everyday, and will be able to carry the love with her through all walks of life. A used, or inexpensive jewelry donation can help a mom in a shelter feel appreciated and needed.
- Coffee Mugs – Anyone can use a coffee mug, which makes it a great donation for Movers for Moms. Make it extra special for your mother by filling it with coffee beans, tea bags, or little goodies that will brighten her Mother’s Day.
- Accessories – Buying clothing for a woman can be difficult. Instead give her a scarf, headband, or neutral size cardigan to make her feel special. She can pair with her favorite outfits any way she wants. And a woman in a shelter could use it to feel beautiful and valued on her Mother’s Day celebration, and in the future when she’s ready to start a new life.
- Makeup Or Nail Kits – Women like to experiment with their fashion and style. A small makeup kit (eye-shadow palate, lip balm, and a skin serum), gives her the opportunity to try new looks, and feel great in her skin. You can alternate with nail polish or a nail buffer, if she doesn’t wear makeup. This makes a perfect gift for a shelter mom too.
Check out our Facebook for a list of donation locations. Any donations are welcome, and we wish to thank you for your contributions.
As Mother’s Day approaches, use these creative ideas for your shopping, and remember that every mom deserves a happy holiday this May 6.