TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Panama City is almost always looking for movers and drivers to add to our team. As a local franchise we have grown every consecutive quarter since we opened almost ten years ago. Because of this, we recruit regularly, to train new people and have them discover the value of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® as an employer. Our movers and drivers are the forefront of our business success. They work directly with customers, and create the positive experience that is TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Panama City’s point of pride. The reason we have over a 96% referral rating is because our movers and drivers work hard everyday to exceed the company reputation with quality customer service.
Many people come through the doors of our office looking for a job, with very few or no expectations. Being a professional mover takes skill, endurance, and a commitment to professionalism. We have a strong training program to teach all of our new hires about our core values, how we operate, and the practical skills necessary for this occupation. Some people come from backgrounds in the same business, while others are new. We accept all skill and experience levels, as long as the applicant has confidence and the ability to work through long days. But the attributes that make a candidate really stand out are:
- Punctuality – We begin the work day early, so that our customers can optimize their time and schedule. This means that we need our moving and driving teams ready to dispatch between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m. Being on time, if not early, is essential to our success. Movers and drivers are expected to be ready for work in the morning – in uniform and ready to leave at the scheduled time. Because our schedules run lean, this is the most important quality we expect from all employees.
- Interpersonal skills – Movers and drivers work in small teams, so it’s essential that they can cooperate and collaborate on the job. When some is on their first job, they will be partnered with an experienced trainer, who will show them what to do and how TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® performs our service. The ability to read others’ feelings and frustrations, along with the ability to deal with personal emotions is essential to this job. We look for candidates who can relate well and work with others in a professional, collaborative manner.
- Empathy – This job can be tough, especially if you’re working more than eight hours in the heat or have to do an overnight trip. But as hard as it is for us, its even harder sometimes for our customers. They are typically stressed before we arrive, dealing with all sorts of problems that we don’t know about. We expect our movers and drivers to show empathy for our customers’ situations, by beginning and completing the move with a positive attitude. By letting the customer (and your team) see your proactive attitude and empathy for their stress, you create a more productive work environment.
- Endurance and stamina – Moving furniture is not easy. You spend the day lifting, carrying, and maneuvering in small spaces. Our movers develop great physical stamina, but it helps if candidates are in relatively good shape before they apply. Of course, we do not discriminate based on anyone’s physical stature. Endurance is a mindset more than a metric. If you want to work a little on your strength and endurance before applying, check out this workout video of our movers.
- Goal orientation – Everyone has some idea of what they would like their future to look like. And at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® we have plenty of opportunities for movers and drivers to advance their career. We have four current office and management team members who started as movers. We like to train our staff internally and develop their careers within the Two men system. So, starting as a mover could mean more opportunity in the future!
If you have these qualities, or believe that working at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® would empower you to develop these skills, call us and ask about our current job openings. Or, you can visit https://careers.twomenandatruck.com/ and search for your local team.