Don’t we all assume that moving by ourselves will less expensive than hiring a professional moving company? In initial analysis, this may seem true. But when considering other potential costs, you may be surprised to learn it’s often more expensive.
While renting a moving truck might seem like a great way to save money, we at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Panama City remind customers of the hidden costs they may not have considered, such as:
- Time to pack, load and drive belongings to the new destination – Do you want to plan time off work to complete these time-consuming tasks?
- Time (and headache) trying to recruit friends and family – Understand there’s no guarantee everyone will show up on move day. People “forget” when it’s finally time to show up and get the unpleasant tasks done.
- Renting or buying proper moving equipment – Can you find the furniture pads, ropes, stretch wrap, dollies and straps to protect belongings during packing, loading and unloading? You may not realize what you need until you don’t have it.
- Time to collect enough boxes to pack an entire home or business – Avoid used boxes – no one knows what critters are living inside or if the boxes are strong enough to carry items. You will need to purchase packing supplies before any move.
- Replacing or repairing damaged items – Set aside money to cover the cost of repairing or replacing broken items. If a professional moving company like TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® makes a mistake, it does what it can to fix the problem.
- Doctor’s visits after a rough move – Research proper moving techniques to be able to train friends and family members how to move heavy furniture without injury. You don’t want to be liable for an injury on your property.
It may seem like moving yourself would cut down costs, but when you add up the hidden costs of completing a move, think most people will agree it’s less expensive – and much more convenient – to hire professional movers to take on the work and responsibility.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is the largest franchised moving company both in the United States and internationally. Currently there are more than 280 national locations and 1,800 trucks operating in the U.S. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® has performed more than five million moves since it opened for business in 1985.
In Panama City, we’ve consistently grown since 2009, and plan to continue this with by our commitment to customer satisfaction. Each location is independently owned and operated. For more information, call the Panama City TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® at (850) 785-2222 or visit http://www.twomenandatruck.com/locations/fl/panama-city.