Panama City Beach is Florida’s top destination for low-cost beach vacations and weekend getaways. The white sands, great seafood, and tourist attractions bring thousands each year from March until August. We’ve been a vacation town for decades but more and more people want to live the beach life all year long. So what’s the big fuss over Panama City in 2016, as opposed to previous years?
New industries are growing, new neighborhoods are popping up, and the family atmosphere encourages people to make Panama City their home. Tourism is still popular over the spring and summer months, but we have plenty of other attractions that draw people in to stay. If you’ve lived here all your life, it can be easy to see why Panama City is a great place to be. Family life, work life, social life – all wrapped up in one beach town.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® loves everything about Panama City Beach. That’s why franchisee Sean Wise decided to set up shop here and run his other franchises along with this local one. He chose this place to raise a family and be surrounded by beautiful beaches all year. Aside from the gorgeous landscape, here’s ten reasons why Panama City Beach is a perfect place to raise a family:
- Growing industries. Panama City has emerging technology and engineering industries, with the emergence of several startup companies and expansion of our Navy Base. New companies relocate here all the time, bringing in new jobs for our local economy. Panama City Beach is a great place to start a business!
- Great post-secondary schools. We have several accredited post-secondary schools in the area. Florida State University and Gulf Coast State College offer four-year and two-year transfer degrees. Others are Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Troy University. Haney Technical College offers certifications and training courses for various trades, and places all its graduates with internships and positions within their field. Each offers unique scholarships, especially for returning or adult students. Finish your classes, then head to the beach to relax!
- 24 hour Beach access. There’s over 100 access points along the Gulf beaches. In town, you can also find boat ramps and small parks that overlook St. Andrew’s Bay. People come here from all over the U.S. to see the water and enjoy the mild seasons. As a local, you can enjoy these luxuries all day, everyday.
- Family-friendly atmosphere. Panama City has schools, family theme parks, movie theaters, and other kids’ activities to enjoy. Children enjoy places like Zoo World, Gulf World, Frank Brown Park, and the Panama City Mall. When you first move to Panama City, take time to explore the area. We have many large attractions, but some of the best places to go are the smaller recreational parks scattered throughout.
- Best local seafood. Every local seafood restaurant in town gets their fish, shrimp, scallops, and oysters right from the offshore Gulf Waters. You can watch the boats unload snapper and grouper daily from the Capt. Anderson’s, St. Andrew’s and Downtown Marina. Greg Abram’s Seafood is one of the largest seafood exporters in America, and has its headquarters in Panama City.
- Music Matters. In Downtown Panama City, you can find music venues on almost every street corner. bars and restaurants feature both travelling and local musicians. Our Marina Civic Center hosts concerts from regional tours. This summer the Civic Center will have the Backstage Pass concert series and Three Dog Night on tour.
- Pier Park Shopping Center. Locals love to travel to Pier Park for night out with family and friends. The eclectic shopping mall has food and drink, entertainment, and all the top retailers. You can shop at four different plazas, visit the Grande Theater, then browse among the nineteen different restaurants throughout the night. Its a great place to be both night and day!
- Fishing, camping, hiking, and water sports. Of course as a beach town, we have plenty of different water recreations to try. You can book a fishing charter, go camping or hiking at St. Andrew’s State Park, or try a kayak, canoe, or paddle board rental. If you’re a beginner, don’t worry! Guides can teach you how to get on the water and have a great time.
- Farmer’s Markets. Panama City has farmer’s markets in Capt. Anderson’s Marina, St. Andrew’s, Lynn Haven, Seaside, Rosemary Beach, and even an online farmer’s market. Buy fresh and local produce from farmers in the area. Some of the best eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash are grown from the Florida Panhandle.
- Long-lasting economic development. Panama City Beach is always growing and adding new things to do in the area. The job market is always growing and drawing in new people to move here. And long-lasting businesses like TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® make it possible for locals to stay here, grow their families and advance their careers.
We think it’s a great place to be for all these reasons and more. If you’re looking to move to Panama City soon, contact TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® for a moving estimate. We are the largest moving franchise in the U.S., with over 340 locations internationally.