Preparing for a move causes a lot of stress. There are boxes to pack and last bills to pay, kids to console and friends who say goodbye. It’s in these moments that you need someone to make the transition a little easier. Two Men and a Truck wants to be the company you call when your move date approaches. We send a team of movers who will listen to you, take care of your belongings and ease your worry.
So, what’s it like to be on the other end of the spectrum, to be the person who moves every day? Our movers have a very difficult job which involves much more than moving boxes and furniture. They show up at 7:30 a.m. every day, and show up to the customer’s house prepared for any circumstance. They help people move in and out of nursing homes, travel out of state, pack houses and even help our customers set up their furniture and appliances in their new homes. It’s incredible how hard our movers work, and even more amazing that they do so with such endurance and a never-ending positive attitude.
Most of our movers agree that the best part of their jobs is working with the customers. Ryan Abbott, our mover with the highers referral rating for October, says, “We’re definitely needed, especially for people who retire in Florida and don’t have their families to help them move.” Our movers meet customers from all ages and backgrounds, and they take pride in performing the service that most people would not be able to do on their own.
Our movers receive an average 96% referral rating from their customers. Our movers always ask if the customer needs anything else, and to please leave their feedback via our two online surveys. Most of the customers we have come from referrals, and it’s because of the hard work of our movers that we have such a high reputation.
Like us on Facebook to see more about our Two Men and a Truck movers and drivers. You can also check out our website to learn more about Two Men and a Truck’s moving and packing services.
We all want to help make the world a cleaner place. And with the abundance of media coverage on healthy and environmentally-friendly living, there are many ways we can choose to do so. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® offers tips and solutions to make your new home a greener place to be:
- Recycle your trash and moving boxes.Recycling is an important part to integrate into your new home. Use a separate trash bag for all of your recycled goods, and reuse whenever possible. You can use your moving boxes for a lot of different kids’ crafts, too!
- Install low-flow sinks and shower heads.One of the biggest culprits of household water waste is shower heads and sinks. The average person uses 17 gallons of water per shower! You can reduce your water consumption by installing low-flow faucets and shower heads, which will also cut back on your bills.
- Update your home’s insulation.Many homes lose a lot of energy efficiency with poor insulation. Even if you can’t afford to completely re-insulate your home’s interior, look for thermal window treatments for your new home’s decor.
- Donate used items to charity.When you’re moving out, it can be tempting (and seemingly easier) to dump all your used or outdated items in the trash. But many of those items could be reused or recycled by someone else. Donate your old clothes and household items, and replace them with eco-friendly alternatives.
- Purchase greener household cleaning products.When it’s time to move into your new home, you can start out right by purchasing natural and chemical-free cleaning supplies. Many brands now use natural alternatives to harsh chemical cleaners, some even using organic plant ingredients in their formulas. If you want to go old-school, just use baking soda and lemon juice – it’s a cure all for most cleaning solutions.
Looking for more move-in inspiration? Check out some of our other blogs, or visit the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Pinterest page.