July is the National Picnic Month and a beach picnic has to be on your Summer Bucket List. We collected the best ideas just for you, so check them out!
- Plan ahead. It’s important to pick a spot you are considering for a picnic that will not be crowded with families and wedding ceremonies. Here in Panama City Beach, Florida we have a couple of quiet places that can be great. Check the weather ahead of time and don’t worry, if it doesn’t work out you can still have the perfect picnic inside.
- Set the mood. Whether it’s candle light or soft pillows, think through the small details that will make the picnic the most enjoyable. Small touches, like flame less candles or LED lights, a small speaker, or an extra blanket can make a big difference.
- Plan out the refreshments. The usual cheese and fruit can be a great option, as well as small finger sandwiches and wraps. Add some snacks like chips, nuts, pickles, olives for a tasty variety. Here is a Mediterranean-style beach picnic menu . Pre-chill drinks, and throw some ice at the last minute for mixed cocktails. It’s always safer to avoid glass on the beach, so have plastic “glasses” ready and have wine in a special wine carrier or simply wrap it in a towel.
- Pack it up. It’s much easier to have all the food pre-cut and tightly closed containers that can be packed into a basket or cooler. At the beach you just want to enjoy yourself and not worry about anything. Remember to bring utensils, cups, napkins, and other necessities, like a bottle opener, a blankets, towels, and maybe a bug spray.
- Enjoy and relax. Picnics should be fun and relaxing, don’t worry about it being perfect. Enjoy the stars above you and the whispering sounds of waves and sand underneath your feet.